Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Going home...

Two weekends ago I did something I've always wanted to do: surprise my mom for her birthday. I had Spring Break that week for school so I told my mom her present would be coming on Saturday.
Saturday morning I woke up early, drove the 5+ hours home and called my mom from our front lawn. I asked if she had checked for her present and she said, "Yes, I just looked." Getting out of the car, I walked up to the front porch and said, "Look again."
Mom opened the door and just screamed! It was wonderful! I also had the chance to surprise my dad and pick him up from work.

I think the nicest thing about going home is that I'm able to truly relax. With my parents, I can be myself and we have a good enough relationship we can talk about almost anything. We were very honest with each other this time though, and I think it was really good. All three of us are growing in God's Word and really seeking His voice for direction.

No comments:

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!