Saturday, April 12, 2008

There is no Plan B

So contracts are due soon and I'm getting the same question about a bizillion times a day, "So have you heard anything yet? What are you going to do next year?"

Answer: No clue.

That's it.

I'm in that angst-ridden waiting period, but I realize that and I know it's for my good so I'm trying to get over the angst and enjoy the ride.

Second most asked question, "So what are you going to do if this doesn't work out?"

Answer: There is no plan B.

No seriously. I'm not pursuing anything else. I'm not holding on to my contract "just in case". I'm not getting certified in other states. I'm waiting, pursuing my passion and asking for wisdom. To some that may sound incredibly unwise, but check out James 1:

5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;
8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Quite frankly, I don't want to be blown and tossed by the wind. Been there, done that, not going back. So I have a choice: sit, worry, cry, doubt, plan "just in case", worry, eat pie, worry, repeat. OR I could ask for wisdom, listen for His voice and believe that God will provide.

What if God doesn't come through? Really...did some of your just think that...sad, huh. God has always provided and God's got a bigger perspective and bigger bank account than me so I'm thinking I'm going to trust Him to come through.

So for all of you out there who are somewhat convinced I'll be living in a cardboard box, no worries. It's nothing that God won't use for His glory and I'd rather that than fall back on an uninspired, soul-crushing Plan B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post and I know from experience that God has a great plan no matter what others may think. Have fun on the faith journey wherever it leads!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that part about the soul-crushing plan B is powerful. You will do well wherever you go resting in God's perfect plan. It might not seem perfect at the time because of our small piece of the pie but I know you will be taken care of in an amazing way. Stay faithful. God will bless your socks off!

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!