Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hope Deferred

When friends come to visit and go to your church with you, usually I have (and have found many other people have) this thought: "Oh God, please help it to be the senior pastor preaching and please let it be good!" Fickle, yes (as if God can't speak through a guest speaker or associate pastor), but so true. 

Anyway, Courtney and Lea made the journey across the desert to visit me this weekend and got to come to church with me.  And I prayed the prayer, "Oh Lord, please help it to be good."

Haha...it wasn't good. It was life-changing. I'm still blown away and it's five days later. 

Please listen. It's worth the time. You will be blessed. And look, my friend Habbakuk showed up again!

Pastor Art Evans: Hope Deferred

No comments:

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!