Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"What are those crazy white people doin' now?"

I love my new church. I'm getting to know people and I just got hooked into a new small group. CWC is definitely a multi-ethnic church, in fact, most of the kids I have for Kid's Church are African American. 

So Sunday was my first small group. And I met Alex. Alex cracks me up. He's just Alex. God-filled, slightly random, dreadlocks flying everywhere and hysterical. Here's a story he told in the middle of Bible study:

"So today we were at the beach and I was taking a nap and when I woke up, there were these people who had taken the volleyball net down and put up a tighrope and they were tightrope walking...for real! And my first thought, I hope this doesn't offend anyone, was 'What are those crazy white people doin' now?'"

I laughed so hard it hurt. He actually went and tried tightrope walking, but well, the rest of the story involves hand gestures, facial expressions and sound effects so you'll just have to wait until I see you again to act it out. 

PS: I didn't have the nerve to tell him that random tightrope walking is SO a white person thing since all the Midwestern boys I went to college with would randomly pull out a rope and start doing it.

1 comment:

beBOLDjen said...

Which white people are you hanging around?? I can safely say that I have NEVER seen or known anyone to randomly tight rope. That's crazy... for real!! I don't care what color you are! hahahaha

Too funny. I'd love to hear the story in person.

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!