Friday, April 17, 2009

Sisters across the ocean

Many of you know from this post how passionate I am about Acholi Beads. In fact, six out of 7 days a week, I'm probably wearing Acholi Beads. The amazing thing about this company is that it reminds you that there are people behind the clothes you wear, the food you eat and the things you buy. I don't buy beads made in a strange factory. I buy beads that are made by specific women who are not different from you and me in their hope to better themselves and their families.

James Pearson who started Acholi Beads has just posted this wonderful video showing exactly how these sisters across the ocean are being empowered to earn real money and help their families.


Acholi Beads Glimpse: Stepping Stones from James Pearson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!