Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stuck

That pretty much describes how I was feeling this weekend. I got sick very suddenly this past week and by Friday I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. So I've spent the last two days sleeping and hanging around my apartment doing basically nothing. It's a bit depressing after a while.
So this Sunday is the first Sunday I've actually spent not at a church. So I thought I'd listen to one of Perry Noble's sermons online since I'm a big fan of his blog.
Funny enough his sermon series is "Stuck". It's amazing! Click here to listen to it.
Here are my notes:
  • God’s pursuit is bigger than my circumstances.
    Judges 6:11-13--Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress. Basically, he was throwing wheat up in a hole and hoping that the chafe would be sifted out somehow. It was useless, meaningless activity. Why was he doing this? Because of fear and uncertainty.

    “I found God.” I was never aware God was lost. You really found God? Where was he? Was he behind your couch? We don’t find God. God finds us.
  • God’s plan is bigger than my imagination.
    God’s plans never really make sense.
    Don’t tell me who you are. Tell me who you are becoming.
  • God’s power is bigger than my excuses.
    Gideon replied, "But, Lord!" Whenever God asks us to do something amazing, we’re obsessed with our “buts”.
    We all have a “but”. Some people’s “buts” are big and some people’s “buts” are small.

    When God calls you to do something great for Him, it’s never so we can be safer. It’s so we can be more dangerous. God’s not concerned with our comfort, He’s concerned with His glory.
    Sometimes we just have no idea who we’re talking to. We forget who God is.
  • God’s promise is bigger than my problem.
    When God calls us to do big things, He never asks us to do it alone. He says that He will always be with us.
    God’s will is not a safe place, but it’s the right place.

No comments:

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!