Thursday, May 7, 2009

Unexpected gift

In January while in London, I found myself saying, "God, this is enough! You don't have to do anymore than this! This is more than I hoped for!" From meeting an amazing new friend to being affirmed to being forced by a snowstorm (Act of God!) to spend two extra days in London, I just could not believe that God would bless so abundantly.

Well, here I am again. I have my dream job. And God is working out details in ways I never expected or even asked for. Traditionally, one of the most difficult aspects of moving to Germany is housing. It's scarce, you don't know what is typical for the area and it is expensive. My school said they would help me search, but I wasn't looking forward to the whole search.

God knew that. I got an email three weeks ago from my school secretary saying that two single teachers were moving out of their flats (apartments) and were wondering if I would like one of them. Woohoo! Both were nice, but it was this email that clenched it for me:
I'm glad that Gerhild asked you to write. I was actually going to ask Cathie if it was ok for me to contact you to give you some insider information. I'm not sure where you are from but I believe she told me you were from California as well.
"As well." I couldn't believe it. He, Evan, is from California, went to UC Irvine and surfed in San Diego. He gets me. He gets the culture I'm coming from. Not only that, his flat is 100 euros cheaper than the other one, is on the first floor and has a renovated kitchen. That in and of itself would have been more than enough.

But God wasn't done.

Since then, Evan has emailed me about 10 times, giving me insider hints on where to buy a used bike, what cell phone company to use, what to pack, etc. Everything I wanted to know, but didn't know who to ask.

What a blessing. God, this is enough! No more blessing! I can't take it anymore! :-)

1 comment:

beBOLDjen said...

I was holding back tears as I read your post because I remember how much it hurt this time last year to have to wait as God worked out His plan behind the scenes. All the disappointments doors slamming shut and no clue about what was to come. I am rejoicing with you at His blessings and the joy of the revelation of His plans for you! I can't wait to follow along on your journey as you move forward with the Lord! God is good!

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!