Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ultimatum

Ever give God an ultimatum before?

God, if this is really you, then do x, y or z.

Today, I gave God an ultimatum. "God, I do not have my plane ticket yet to the East Coast or Germany. I've been waiting. But today God, I'm going to book my flight to the East Coast because I can. So if it isn't what you want, then do something catastrophic and I'll listen."

So I went on the airline web site, plugged in the date and time just as I had done two days earlier and...the flight was $150 more expensive. What?!?!?!

I checked out websites, frantically manipulating times and dates, but still same price. The day before it, $150 cheaper. The day after it, $150 cheaper. The day I needed, $150 more expensive.

It took 30 minutes for me to stop and realize: I gave God an ultimatum. And He answered. The answer was "no".

Whoa.

So, I'm waiting on that plane ticket. Waiting and listening. Because when you give God an ultimatum, there is a good chance, He'll give you one too...

No comments:

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!