Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My goodbye party

My home team gals are wonderful! (See post below) They threw me a surprise going away party. We swam, ate hot dogs and hamburgers which Deb and Jenna bravely risked their lives flipping, ate fabulous Sam’s Club cake and just had a fun time together. The best part of the night was the prayer time we shared together. I have loved praying with these girls for the past year and we have seen God work in weird and miraculous ways. Here are some things I will miss:
  • Target clearance updates
  • Movie nights
  • “Umm…rrrriiiight”
  • Book of answered prayers
  • What else but monkeys!
  • "I saw a big round of cheese and thought of you, Rachel"
  • Our deep meaningful conversations over coffee/ice cream/food in general
  • “HAhaHA…”
  • “Momma like…"
  • Oreo ba…um…treats
  • “Deb’s flipping in her Bible, she’s got something good!”
  • A million and one dance moves of coolness
  • “I KNOW!”
  • “I’m high on Jesus!”
  • Caffeine driven Bible study epiphanies and illustrations
  • And then Satan says, "SH**! She's awake!"
  • Booth dancing
  • “I’m the cream in your Oreo”
  • Contagious laughter
  • Red plastic cups
  • Shower General
  • Poor Napoleon...
  • "Heather's been baking yummy things again...:-)"
  • AMAZING answered prayers...aka, jobs, family, reconciliation, etc.

The Real Deal

Peek-a-boo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Adam from the PVC Praise Team. I had dinner with Derrick last night and we talked about how contagious your (and some other audience members) energy was while we are singing on stage. I love how you love worshiping Jesus!!! Then Derrick tells me that you are moving back to San Diego. That left me bummed. So, I wanted to tell to that you rock and that I believe God can/will do big things in your life. Please come say hello next time you stop by to visit!

-Adam (awaltho@csm-az.com)

Julie said...

Who is that cute baby!!! Can you send me those two pics??

Teachertraveler said...

Hmmmm...with a baby that cute she could only be yours, Julie!

I'll hopefully get a chance to send the pics today.

Miss you!

Stacey said...

You're moving?? I had no idea! That's kind of sad but this list made me laugh. I have no idea what some of these things mean but they were still funny!

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!