Monday, December 29, 2008

Veggie Training

Bob and Larry were not harmed in the writing of this blog

I've been training for the past few months, not for a marathon or anything specific. No, I'm in veggie training.


I finally realized I'm WAY too picky as an eater and I need to force myself to like more vegetables. I mean I'm an adult for goodness sake. I need to grow up and refine my palate.


So here are the vegetables that I have conquered so far:

  • Pickle

  • Squash

  • Asparagus

  • Split peas

  • Lentils (not really a veggie, more of a legume, but you get the picture)

  • Eggplant

I am still working on:


  • Tomatoes (uncooked)

  • Onions (uncooked)

  • Cucumbers

  • Raw broccoli

  • Celery

  • Kale

So I'll keep at it, using different spices and literally forcing myself to eat healthier. Amazingly, if you put your mind to it, you can actually eat things that are good for you and like them as well.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

You're a brave woman! I am also a very picky eater and have been trying new things lately. It's about time I step out of my comfort zone! Just know you're not the only one :o)

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!