Thursday, January 10, 2008

Am I disturbed?

I found this tonight on Perry Noble's blog and it blew my socks off! He found it in a book where the author quoted Sir Francis Drake's prayer:
“Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves. When our dreams have come true because we dreamed too little. When we arrive safely because we have sailed too close to the shore. Disturb us, Lord.”

Amazing...I want that so much! I don't want to stay in the same ol', same ol', but I'm just realizing what sacrifice, what trust it takes to dream big dreams and trust that the Lord will be faithful to the vision he's placed in your heart.
I'll be chewing on this one for awhile...

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hi Rachel
I am really enjoying your blog and your comments on Route66 blog. Very cool to hear how God is speaking to you as you read through the Bible.
I heard a pastor read through much of this quote at a conference this year - I think it was Andy Stanley. It really was an awesome challenge to me to always seek God and His kingdom work instead of self or comfort or the easy way.

Route 66 at Your Fingertips!